Sunday, April 10, 2016

Foodie Wonderland: Marshmallow

Marshall IV: "Greetings Earthlings. Back to me and my interminable cousin, we are going to Earth's goodies and we found a squishy sugar."

Grant V: "I tasted it roasted before. I also see it getting roasted before! They normally eat these things in camps, on a stick. They roast atop their campfires!"

Colorful Marshmallows
Marshall IV: "Yes, yes. Earthlings call this treat a "marshmallow", which too me is not good for my teeth since I use a toothpick every time I finish wholly consuming one of those things. Let us review the "marshmallow" below."

Marshall IV: "Now these are the impediments which I had stuck  upon my teeth! They are so colorful and fluffy!"


Grant V: "Honestly, I like marshmallows. The colors they normally come in is white and yes, they are sticky to the teeth. They also may bring you too choking but that is only for careless people, right? Back to you Ashley." Thank you, Grant.

Marshmallows have alternative names which are Marshies or Mallows. Marshmallows came through as a medical substance at first, since the mucilaginous extracts will be sticking out of the roots caused from the marshmallow plant, which was used to help clear out sore throats. The use of marsmallow are normally for sweet dates back in Ancient Egypt, where the recipe is to extract the plant and mix it with honey and nuts.

A more modern version of a recipe for marshmallows is to use the plant for more than a sap, with the back of the stem peeled back to reveal a soft and spongy area, being boiled in sugar syrup and ultimately being dried to leak out a soft and confection.

An image of a roasted marshmallow
Grant V: "Oh yeah, now that's the stuff I'd been eating alright!"
Marshall IV: "Indeed you did, Grant. Farewell kingdom, and we hoped you enjoy the roasted and the goodness of this sugar bite."
Grant V: "This is Marshall IV and Grant V over and out!"

Peace y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment